Tuesday 14 October 2008

Death of a Toyboy

okay... so he was really only a *potential* toyboy - more's the pity!

...and I didn't have my normal Sunday catch-up with the comedian boy, but he has a regular gig up the road from me every Monday.

so he texted me afterward at 11:15pm

boy: You up?
me: Yeah, and my phone buzzing just scared the shit out of me!
boy: I'm on my way home, should I swing by?
me: Hmm - and what would you be swinging by for?
boy: A cup of coffee ofcourse
me: I don't know if I believe that... but if you're not gonna be disappointed with a cup of instant coffee... okay then
boy: Over the bridge now. I'll speak to you soon
me: You are a massive dork!
boy: Yep.

I shit you not. Geez I pull the good ones! He'll only 'speak to me soon' if I answer my phone..... very much thinking I won't bother. Although I do actually want to go see this comedy gig up the road from me, sounds cool... won't let that stop me

but even if he assumes I simply want to use and abuse him for sex (it was fun even just typing that!) it doesn't excuse the lack of effort he's shown... maybe he'd assume he could skip the three dates and the expensive dinners... but not even bothering to catch up unless he's in the immediate neighbourhood is *too* insulting!

I swear every guy I meet tries to out-do the previous with regards to just how little effort can be made to hook up with a girl - a few more dates and it'll be like playing limbo...

...how. low. can. you. go?
...how. low. can. you. go?

oh dear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I care cheeky goddess...have a good weekend...keep us posted..