Friday 29 August 2008

Gay-man envy

Tripped over to Mykonos for a 4 day break this weekend just gone, and experienced gay-man envy for the first time ever. Have never aspired to be a gay male before. Have considered the advantages of being a bloke many times - physical superiority, no menstrual cycle, no pregnancy scares (not to the same extent anyways), statistically higher rate of pay, far less chance of having someone assume you're a bimbo... but given that I'm not particularly fashion-forward, theatrical, or even effeminate, the allure of the gay man's world has never been strong.

Then I saw the superbly sculpted, perfectly tanned adonis-like men sunning themselves on the beach at Mykonos - predominantly clad in teeny tiny man-shorts. I wanted in. Although I didn't fancy the hotpants. The tight-man-shorts may just be a general European thing - but the plucked eyebrows, handbags, total lack of body hair and absence of women lead me to strongly suspect that the gorgeous boys were gay. Why weren't any of the straight men that good! All I got was extroverted touchy-feely greasy Italian men!

On the upside, there was never going to be any lecherous behaviour should I decide to sunbathe topless...

win some lose some I guess.

No comments: