Tuesday 7 April 2009

Death to Gatwick Airport Security

I got up at 3am this morning, got to the airport, got through to the security scanner, and the wanker made me change the clear liquids bag I *always* travel with to a little plastic bag. So I go back out and get one, jam all my cosmetics in it with much difficulty, having traveled with a record amount... and then when I have to pass back through security I find out that my boarding pass can't be scanned a second time

did I mention I was running late? So this guy gets his boss, I tell him boss that numnuts over at the scanner didn't tell me I wouldn't be able to come back through, and I cop the cliche of 'look, there's no need for that language, you're on thin ice already..'

ARGH!

if I wasn't running late I'd have laid into him in as evil and scathing way as I could've.

So I go get another boarding pass... then bloody well beep as I get through the security bit... so I'm running late, taking my boots off, and getting felt up by female security (I've had better)

and at Gatwick you get to take your shoes off a second time for 'random shoe scans'

grrrr.

and *then* as I'm literally boarding the plane my mobile rings and it's the car hire company telling me they've arrived to pick me up and are waiting outside my flat- a car booking I canceled a week ago.

brilliant.

No comments: