Tuesday 13 January 2009

frustrated

so the email 'list' of promotions for 2009 went around, and I found it *very* frustrating

I had one argument, in a meeting, all year. This got mentioned in my yearly appraisal. Read it, and you would assume I had an attitude problem.

I am, of course, lovely.

One argument, all year, one isolated incident with one person - a bloke who argues with everyone. His own manager has acknowledged that this guy needs massive improvement in his people skills.

I argued vehemently with my manager that there is no way that everyone in the company who had had an argument in a meeting had it mentioned in their appraisal. In fact, I'd lay large amounts of money down and bet that no one else was faced with this situation

Because of that one (not even strong) argument, I lose 1/4 to 1/3 of my bonus payment

he argued with everyone

he gets promoted

how can I not be annoyed?

No comments: